This image first resided in a church in Scutari, where the Albanians had a strong love of Our Lady. In 1467, the image was miraculously relocated to the Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel in Genazzano, Italy, both to protect it from sacrilege by Muslim invasion and as a reward for the generosity of Petruccia de Geneo who gave all her savings for repairs to the Church. Amid heavenly music it descended from the clouds and rested on top of an unfinished wall of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. For the last 500 years, the image has defied gravity as it seems suspended in midair in its frame, resting on only half of its base. Many wonders have occurred and favours have been granted due to Our Lady's intercession. Pope Saint Pius V, for example, credited victory in the Battle of Lepanto to Her intercession.
"The inner life of another that is known to God alone becomes to a much less degree open to us through friendship. It partially fills the desire of our incomplete, lonely hearts for completeness in another. Friendship brings out the best in a person through forgetfulness of self." - St. Thomas Aquinas