Post by Deleted on Jan 7, 2018 6:24:27 GMT
OLMC Rector Letter
Dec. 12, 2017 Our Lady of Guadalupe
Dear Friends and Benefactors,
We have this Advent another SSPX trained and ordained priest, to help us in Kentucky at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, in our apostolic work of preserving and spreading the Only True Catholic Faith of all time: Fr. Marshall Roberts, a fellow Kentuckian from Warsaw Kentucky, a fellow classmate, who entered the first class of Winona, Minnesota St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary with me in September 1988, 29 years ago.
A brief bio of Fr. Roberts Journey of Faith for our Faithful to become acquainted with him.
- Fr. Roberts entered Winona along with 25 other young men, the first entering class after the Consecrations of 1988 under the rector Bishop Williamson. I (Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer) entered that same class and Fr. David Hewko entered his third year that year.
- Fr. Roberts, myself, Fr. Hewko were seminarians together and then priest friends from then until today 29 years later.
- Fr Roberts was sent to Econe to study, but after one year there became unsure that due to the Consecrations of 88 he may not be a member of.the visible Church. He was assured that the new Institute of Christ the King was Traditional and approved and therefore a better choice.
- Fr. Roberts joined the Institute Seminary and stayed less than a year. Seeing that they were using Congar or Rahner for Canon Law, major heresiarchs of the Council, he complained to the Rector immediately. Secondly, He then complained about the Institute offering a hybrid Novus Ordo -Trad Mass in France. Two weeks after the second complaint Fr. Roberts was sent home as Seminarian in Cassock, “until things calm down.” Father was accused of writing a letter of particular friendship as excuse. Several months later father was to have been sent to Gabon as Seminarian still.
- Fr. Roberts re-joined the SSPX as seminarian. Before returning to WInona, he spent a year with Fr. Peter Scott in Kansas City at the SSPX USA headquarters and thence to WInona to complete studies
- Fr .Roberts was ordained in 1996 by Bishop Willamson along with Fr. Chazal and Fr. John Fullerton and 6 others. Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer was Fr. Roberts’ assistant Priest for the ceremony.
- Fr. Roberts was stationed in Ridgefield Ct. under Fr. Tim Pfeiffer. He preached retreats, assisted in Home schooling workshops, and was acting pastor of Northern New York State SSPX parishes
- In late fall of 1997 Fr. Dan Fullerton of northern New York, and Fr. Urrutigoity, founders of the new Society of St. John approached Fr. Roberts on his weekend Mass circuit, showing him the treatise of Fr. Bisig against the Consecrations of 1988. Fr. Bisig claimed that Papal permission was of Divine Right and hence Fr. Roberts once again doubted whether or not he was a priest of the visible Church.
- Fr. Roberts, afraid that he may not be with the visible Church, once again joined an Ecclesia Dei order, the Newly formed SSJ. This time, he knew there would be no compromise. The Bishop of Scranton (Timlin) fully supported Tradition. The founders, were all SSPX priests committed to non-compromise. There was no danger of being outside the Visible Church. So surely it was the right thing to do.
- Fr. Roberts wrote a letter to his parishioners explaining why he must leave the SSPX to rejoin Rome.
- Fr. Roberts almost immediately began to have conflicts with Fr. Urrutigoity the Founder, due to his liberalizing of the SSJ. They decided not to be explicit against the council, to behave ecumenically and eventually decided to make a Hybrid Mass of their own. All this without being asked to do so.
- Fr. Roberts in 1999 was sent to Cambridge in England to study.
- Fr Roberts returned to USA but not on good terms with SSJ hierarchy. He requested to help in Fraternity of St. Peter parish instead.
- After about a year in one FSSP parish he went to teach in a local Novus Ordo High School.
- During this time there arose a civil case against the SSJ, FSSP, and the Diocese, concerning allegations of a then 17 year old boy having been Molested at St. Gregory’s (FSSP school) by Fathers Urrutigoity and Ensey (SSJ priests helping at school) The instigator of the case was Jeffrey Bond a disgruntled employee of the SSJ who had no problems with SSJ until after he was let go. The case never went to trial. The Diocese settle out of court. Fr. Roberts was not named as an accused or witness in any civil or ecclesiastical complaint.
- Fr. Roberts reinvestigated the case of SSPX and the words of Archbishop Lefebvre on the result of working with Modernist Rome. He reread all the texts involved in the case of the Consecrations of 1988, and the wise Archbishop’s warnings as well as advises as to what would happen if one went under the modernist authorities. Fr. Roberts saw that Archbishop was right on every count.
- Fr. Roberts while still officially a priest of the Scranton Diocese, wrote another public letter refuting as well as retracting the errors of his 1997 letter.
- Fr. Roberts (now 2004) contacted Fr. John Fullerton, (SSPX USA district Superior, and then became priest of a York Pennsylvania independent Chapel.
- Fr. Roberts moved to another independent Chapel in Jacksonville Florida with a recommendation from Fr. Fullerton in 2006.
- Fr. Roberts kept the chapel as friends of the SSPX until 2011 when he convinced the board to give the property to the SSPX. All the paperwork was completed by early 2012, sent to KCMO to be signed and sent back to Jacksonville. The Paperwork was sent back, but the SSPX lawyer forgot to have the new Superior Fr. Rostand, to sign the documents.
- Fr. Roberts then saw the letter of the 3 bishops April 2012 and then the May 11 Bishop Fellay CNS liberal interview and decided to keep the paperwork, rather than to return them to KCMO. Jacksonville remained independent from SSPX.
- Fr. Roberts participated by phone along with Fr. Libietis in the August 7-10 2012 meeting of the “Vienna 5” and assisted in making the Declaration of August 10, 2012. This was the first meeting of the Resistance anywhere in world. Fr’s. Hewko, Pfeiffer, Chazal, Voigt, Ringrose were also there. 7 priests in total.
- Fr. Roberts’ Jacksonville chapel was removed from friends of SSPX chapels by Fr. Rostand. It became considered “a resistance Chapel “ until August 2017.
- Fr. Roberts attended the 1st Resistance retreat preached by Bishop Williamson in Boston Kentucky in December 2012 along with 11 other priests.
- Between 2012 and 2017 Bishop Williamson, Bishop Faure, Bishop Tomas Aquinas, Bishop Zendejas, as well as Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer visited his parish in Jacksonville. The Bishops offering Confirmations for some of the Faithful as well
- Fr. Roberts was given 2 weeks to leave Jacksonville, without any prior warning in August 2017. He was informed that the SSPX would be taking over the Parish.
- Fr. Roberts left with $17 in his pocket after a week.
- Fr. Roberts celebrated Mass at a private little chapel until December 2017.
- Fr. Roberts remains a priest of the Resistance, now celebrating Mass in Kentucky since The 1st Sunday of Advent 2017.
- Between 1988 and 2012 Fr. Roberts entered SSPX as member and then friend. The allegations of some concerning the Seminary problems and SSJ accusations were thoroughly investigated by the SSPX superiors before accepting him back in 1993 and then as friend in 2003. He functioned well in each parish in which he worked since 1996. He was only removed as friend of SSPX in 2012 because of his criticism of Bishop Fellay and association with Resistance.
- Between 2012 and December 1 2017 Fr. Roberts was accepted without problem as a Resistance priest, happily received by the 4 bishops.
- On December 1, 2017 Fr. Roberts came to Kentucky at Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
- Now Internet rumors and accusations surface again.
- What is the problem? His case was known before acceptance by both parishes York and Jacksonville. He handled both parishes over years as any faithful priest should.
- Whoever has any hard evidence of crime let him come forward. What was missed by the Diocese, the law courts, the SSPX, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, and others, let it be brought forward with proofs, otherwise be silent.
- Catholics should remember that to spread reputation ruining rumors without personal knowledge and proof is most serious sin of Calumny. Souls who turn from God due to it, will be counted by their guardian Angels who will visit the Calumniators at their Judgement.
- Our Lady of Quito predicted that due to the wicked behavior of some Priests souls would grow to hate all priests. This Pedophilia scandal of the post Vatican II Church has lead to many innocent priests being hated as well as the guilty ones. When the devil does these things he always leaves evidence of innocence or lack of evidence of guilt so that those who believe the wicked false accusations will be guilty themselves. Hence, the Calumniator is most guilty and the believers of the calumnies are also guilty. Do not impale your soul on wicked lies. “Who has ears to hear let Him Hear.”
- The duty of the shepherd is to protect the innocent. Today the modern shepherds are cowards on both counts. On the one side they refuse to punish the wicked because of the consequences and at the same time, they refuse to protect the innocent because of the uncomfortable consequences to themselves. The parents of the man born blind in John 9 distanced themselves from their cured son for fear of being cast out of the Synagogue. Bishop Fellay claimed ignorance of Bishop Williamson’s “holocaust beliefs” and dropped him like a hot potato. How many souls were “saved” by these acts of cowardice? Our Lord promised that in the end of times “men will hate you” and when you see these things come to pass “lift up your head for your redemption is nigh.”
- Our Redemption is indeed at hand. God bless, keep the Faith and be not surprised at the assault of men, for Our most blessed lord promised that “the world hates Me. It will also hate you for the servant is not greater than his master.”
- When Christ was accused of all manner of evil on the Friday of His apparent demise so long ago he had His Holy Mother standing at his feet, a beloved Apostle next to her, a thief crucified next to Him who was speaking of a victory in the Greatest of Kingdoms that will never end. . . It turns out that it wasn’t such a terrible Friday after all and is rightly called “Good”, most blessed indeed.
- If we must choose between the friendship and praise of the High Priest, the Soldiers , the crowd and The Mother of Sorrows, The weeping Mary Magdalen, and wise thieves who know they rightly suffer for their own sins, we’ll choose with confidence the friendship of the latter fully confident that victory is nigh.
Fr. Joseph Pfeiffer